My main summer reading action is The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. Weighing in at over 600 pages, I’ve been reading other things and scheduling marathon reading sessions to make way for the remaining three weeks of my summer reading. I think I can finish it by the end of the weekend— but if it went on forever, I’d gleefully read it for however long it would take. I want to do a summer reading review (Memorial Day to Labor Day) and assess my reading goals from last year and see how I’m doing. (Preview: I could be doing better but am pretty much where I expected to be by this point in the calendar.)
Thank you to the library for preventing me from digging into Middlemarch by George Eliot because the “Item Has Holds.” I would have tortured myself with overdue fines trying to finish it so I’m just going to peacefully surrender it and try again before the end of the year.
Books I’m Trying to Start and Finish Before I Go Back to School
- Landline by Rainbow Rowell
- Stories II by TC Boyle
- The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith (Check out The Cuckoo’s Calling if you haven’t already!!)
- Multiplication is for White People: Raising Expectations for Other People’s Children by Lisa Delpit
- Nick and Nora’s Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn
- Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls by David Sedaris
- The Last Testament by David Javerbaum
- AD: New Orleans After the Deluge by Josh Neufeld
Would you like to be my friend on Goodreads? That would be nice!